Chemical Thermodynamics: Principles and Applications
Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/web/naiti.in/lib.php on line 113
Описание:Chemical Thermodynamics: Principles and Applications presents a thorough development of the principles of thermodynamics--an old
science to which the authors include the most modern applications, along with those of importance in developing the science and those of
historical interest. The text is written in an informal but rigorous style, including ancedotes about some of the great thermodynamicists (with some of whom the authors have had a personal relationship), and focuses on "real" systems in the discussion and figures, in contrast to the generic examples that are often used in other textbooks.
The book provides a basic review of thermodynamic principles, equations, and applications of broad interest. It covers the development of thermodynamics as one of the pre-eminent examples of an exact science. A discussion of the standard state that emphasizes its significance and usefulness is also included, as well as a more rigorous and indepth treatment of thermodynamics and discussions of a wider variety of applications than are found in more broadly based physical chemistry undergraduate textbooks.
Combined with its companion book, Chemical Thermodynamics: Advanced Applications, the practicing scientist will have a complete reference set detailing chemical thermodynamics.
* Outlines the development of the principles of thermodynamics, including the most modern applications along with those of importance in developing the science and those of historical interest
* Provides a basic review of thermodynamic principles, equations, and applications of broad interest
* Treats thermodynamics as one of the preeminent examples of an exact science
* Provides a more rigorous and indepth treatment of thermodynamics and discussion of a wider variety of applications than are found in more
broadly based physical chemistry undergraduate textbooks
* Includes examples in the text and exercises and problems at the end of each chapter to assist the student in learning the subject
* Provides a complete set of references to all sources of data and to supplementary reading sources